Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. It is the responsibility of each educator—teacher, administrator, coach, and staff member— to understand, embrace and model the school’s mission and philosophy, and create a faith-filled and academically rigorous learning environment where students can reach their full potential.
We invite prospective candidates to review the current employment opportunities listed. Please apply using the instructions included in each job description. If you have an interest in teaching subjects other than the ones listed, or coaching a sport or moderating a club, please feel free to include that information in your application.
ASL Teacher (Part-time)
- Teaching ASL 1 through ASL 4 at grade levels 9-12.
- Designing a spiral curriculum with clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicating those objectives to students.
- Setting up a resource time for individual help outside of class during the school day.
- Meeting the needs of a wide range of students by providing extra support or varying assignments.
- Collaborating with department members and administrators in the development, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
- Attending professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Native fluency or equivalent ASL education
- Teaching experience preferred
- Understanding and support of the mission and values of Archbishop Riordan High
Salary will be based on experience.
To apply, please email your Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Ms. YinShan Yang
Modern Languages Department Chair
Please indicate “American Sign Language Position” in the email subject line.
Reporting directly to the Director of Residential Life, the Residential Advisor will live on campus in the dorm and be a core member of the Residential Life team. You will work directly with students and support them day-to-day, helping them to develop academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally. The Residential Advisor will cover a minimum of three weeknight shifts in the dorm per week and two weekend shifts per month.
- Cover assigned duty shifts in the dorm.
- Monitor the safety and well-being of boarding students.
- Implement School and Residential Life Handbook; hold students accountable to policies.
- Assist international students with cultural acclimation to an American high school, and promote friendships with domestic students.
- Plan and lead weekend activities.
- Chaperone off campus activities.
- Lead weekly advisory groups.
- Oversee evening study hall and tutor students as needed.
- Attend weekly Staff and Student Residential Life Meetings.
- Liaise with faculty to ensure a smooth academic transition for boarding students.
- Assist the Director of Residential Life as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Able to align priorities with the strategic vision for Residential Life.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to support the needs of high school students living in a residential dorm.
- Ability to work effectively in teams and manage the implementation of new policies and initiatives.
- Experience dealing with “crisis” type student situations.
- Understands the mission of Archbishop Riordan High School and the importance of educating the whole student.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license is required and ability to transport students.
- Candidate must live on campus during the school year.
Additional Skills Preferred
- Experience working directly with students ages 14-18
- Experience working with international students
- Experience working in Residential Life and/or a Boarding School Desire to engage in school community
This is a 12-month salaried position starting August 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience. Archbishop Riordan is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Gary Whitehouse
Director of Boarding Program
In the subject line, please indicate “Residential Advisor Position.”
The position will be open until filled.
A background check is required if offered the position.
Only electronic files (pdf) will be accepted; no paper copies, please.
No Agents or Recruiters please.
Dean of Student Affairs
Archbishop Riordan High School would like to announce an opening for a new position: Dean of Student Affairs. Interested applicants should have at least five years’ experience in Catholic high school education and must hold a master’s degree. Administrative and coaching experience is preferred. The Dean of Student Affairs will be responsible for overseeing the Athletic Department as well as student activities.
Description of Duties
• Supports the Archbishop Riordan community, specifically in the areas of athletics and co-curricular activities.
• Serves as a member of the Administrative Leadership Team.
• Supervises the Student Activities Chair and the Athletics Associate.
• Assists in the hiring, professional development, observation, and evaluation of all co-curricular personnel.
• Coordinates with the Athletics Associate, the Activities Chair, and the Campus Minister regarding the scheduling of events.
• Oversees the development and communication of the ARHS master calendar.
• Collaborates with the Athletics Associate and the Activities Chair to create and monitor the co-curricular budgets.
• Liaises with the Parent Board Moderator to solicit parent support as needed for community activities and events.
• Collaborates in the planning and execution of special community events such as Graduation, the Baccalaureate Mass, Back to School Night, and student orientation programs.
• Evaluates and approves (or denies) requests for all co-curricular student travel proposals from faculty and staff.
• Collaborates with the Director of Facilities for all gym and field rentals from outside groups.
• Facilitates orientation programs for all new off-campus coaches and moderators.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
• Master’s degree
• Administrative and coaching experience preferred
• Understanding and support of the mission and values of Archbishop Riordan High
Salary will be based on experience.
To apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Mr. Tim Reardon
Please indicate “Dean of Student Affairs” in the email subject line. You may also contact Mr. Reardon directly if you have any questions about the position. Applications will be accepted until April 25.
Manager of Human Resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The manager of Human Resources reports to the President and Principal.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs with the Archdiocese (health, pension, LTD, Life) and informs employees of benefits available. Responsible for all Open Enrollment periods for various insurances.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements and maintaining records.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Completes all employee investigations in consultation with the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Coordinates with the School Administration yearly staff evaluations.
- Represents Archbishop Riordan High School at all Human Resource Manager meetings with the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Maintains human resource staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains all files for Shield the Vulnerable
- Maintains all files for the Pull Notice Program
- Maintains all files for TB testing
The candidate must be/have:
- A practicing Catholic in good standing and must have knowledge of Catholic school structure, culture, and issues.
- Respect and understand the need for confidentiality and ethical behavior and abide by those principles.
- Knowledge of school law as it applies to the functions of this position.
- Must have a high energy level and stamina for the demands of this position.
- Education and / or Experience – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5-year experiences. SHRM certification is also a plus.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position may be available on a part-time basis.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and two references to:
Attn: Mr. Andrew Currier, President
Archbishop Riordan High School
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Archdiocese of San Francisco Employment Policy
The Archdiocese of San Francisco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.