Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. It is the responsibility of each educator—teacher, administrator, coach, and staff member— to understand, embrace and model the school’s mission and philosophy, and create a faith-filled and academically rigorous learning environment where students can reach their full potential.
We invite prospective candidates to review the current employment opportunities listed. Please apply using the instructions included in each job description. If you have an interest in teaching subjects other than the ones listed, or coaching a sport or moderating a club, please feel free to include that information in your application.
Position: Choir Director
The Marianist Crusader Choir Director will aid the School Community of Archbishop Riordan High School to organize the “Marianist Crusader Choir” in with accordance to the policies of the Archdiocese of San Francisco. The Marianist Crusader Choir Director is responsible to and reports to the Campus Minister.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the ARHS Chaplain, Liturgy Coordinator, and Campus Ministry Director, on when choral music is needed at Ministry events (i.e. Mass, retreats, staff events, seasonal events).
- Ensuring choir rehearsals and locations are to be prepared for upcoming Campus Ministry events.
- Ensure choir events are communicated to the staff and faculty.
- When outside campus choir events arise, ensure waiver forms, chaperones, and transportation regulations are met.
- Develop a music ministry culture in the liturgies offered through campus ministry
- Recruit and develop students in a music ministry program offered by the Campus Ministry Office.
- Communicate and prepare lyrics to the Liturgy team to be projected at liturgies.
- Recognize and affirm communal wisdom and the ethnic and cultural diversity of the choir community.
- Encourage and recognize when ongoing training and spiritual needs of Choir members are needed.
- Instill direction of the Marianist Crusader Choir program in Archbishop Riordan High School.
Preferred candidates have at least five years of experience working with Liturgical music in a church/parish or school setting.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a part-time position (4-6 hrs/wk). Hourly compensation will be based on experience
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Khin Min in the Office Human Resources at Archbishop Riordan High School, email@example.com.
Math Teacher (2019-20 School Year)
Archbishop Riordan High School is hiring a full-time teacher in the math department. The position could include sections of the following classes: Algebra, Geometry and Math Analysis/Pre-Calc. There is also an option for this role to teach four sections, while holding the department chair position.
• Preparing/implementing lesson plans that lead to student mastery of curriculum content
• Regularly assessing student progress to refine instruction and meet student needs
• Participating regularly in professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings
• Communicating frequently with students, students’ families, colleagues and other stakeholders
• Working with students and their families to promote personal growth and success
• Maintaining regular, punctual attendance and a successful learning environment in the classroom
• Bachelor’s degree in subject area or Master’s degree
• Secondary teaching credential preferred
• Secondary level teaching experience preferred
• Experience teaching Algebra, Geometry and Math Analysis/Pre-Calc preferred
Salary will be based on experience and the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Initial placement for salary will be based on postgraduate units and years of experience.
To apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Mr. Michael O’Brien
Dean of Academics
Assistant Football Coach (2019-20 Season)
About the Archbishop Riordan Department of Athletics
The Archbishop Riordan Department of Athletics represents close to 300 student-athletes competing in 9 interscholastic sports and one club team. Our coaches are committed to the success of the student in the classroom, and fostering exemplary sportsmanship during competition.
Archbishop Riordan is a member of the West Catholic Athletic League (WCAL), one of the most competitive leagues in California.
Assistant Coach (all levels): Football (2019-2020 Season)
• Previous playing or coaching experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of high school sports, and understanding of the mission and vision of Archbishop Riordan High School.
• Candidates must be available after school hours (beginning at 2:20 pm) through the conclusion of practice time, and for extended periods on weekends and game days. Coaches are required to attend all practices, team contests, and year-round athletic meetings as required.
• Candidates with teaching experience are strongly encouraged to apply as teaching positions may become available.
In addition, all of our coaches serve as role models and mentors for players, encouraging their development academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually. A candidate must work cross functionally with administration, teachers, campus ministers, counselors other coaches, student-athletes and parents. He or she must also understand, implement and abide by the policies set forth in the Archbishop Riordan Student Handbook with regard to coach and student athlete behavior on and off the field.
To apply, please email your Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Stacy Goyhenetche, Human Resources Director
Archbishop Riordan High School
In your letter of interest, please also note any relative teaching experience or subjects you are qualified to teach, including any credentials.
Archdiocese of San Francisco Employment Policy
The Archdiocese of San Francisco adheres to the following policy: “All employees of the Archdiocese of San Francisco and Department of Catholic Schools shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories.” (Administrative Handbook #4111.4)