Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. It is the responsibility of each educator—teacher, administrator, coach, and staff member— to understand, embrace and model the school’s mission and philosophy, and create a faith-filled and academically rigorous learning environment where students can reach their full potential.
We invite prospective candidates to review the current employment opportunities listed. Please apply using the instructions included in each job description. If you have an interest in teaching subjects other than the ones listed, or coaching a sport or moderating a club, please feel free to include that information in your application.
Archbishop Riordan High School’s Database Manager oversees all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database. The desired candidate will have experience managing a database and working in a fast-paced environment, and takes initiative to respond to the needs of the team, is self-motivated, and has great attention to detail. The Database Manager is responsible for the following:
- Manage all aspects of the fundraising database
- Create all new constituent files
- Create and mail all Parent Pledge statements
- Export donor information in preparation of the Annual Report
- Export information from more than 10,000 files in preparation of the Annual Fund mailing
- Generate gift acknowledgments and pledge reminders
- Generate regular reports to guide fundraising efforts and other reports as requested
- Import data from outside sources and export data for mailings
- Handle paperwork and oversight of gift entry and acknowledgement, including for matching gifts
- Handle all stock transfers including gift entry and acknowledgement
- Enter daily donations into Incoming Donations Log. Sort donations into batches for data entry
- Oversee credit card donations/payments
- Export and provide information to the Business Office for processing
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, MS Excel, and Word
- Database management and reconciliation experience, and knowledge of the fundraising process
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, recordkeeping practices, email systems, general office machines and telephone systems, proper English usage, spelling and punctuation
Accuracy with detail work as well as project-based work
- Understanding of Riordan’s mission and Marianist values
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, focusing on solutions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work and community with various constituents, including donors and potential donors
- Ability to understand development and fundraising needs and to be able to translate data requests into effective queries and reports
- Ability to impart database knowledge to users and potential users
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Attn: Mr. John Ring
Director of Development
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church and support the Marianist approach to education, especially in working with the school’s families.
• Participate fully in the life of the school, including attending masses, faculty meetings, student gatherings, and community events as possible and as directed by the President.
• Consult and advises the President on all business and financial matters.
• Manage and oversee the usage of the TADS tuition system.
• Responsible for long range financial planning with the Administration and Board of Trustees.
• Responsible for preparation of annual budget in conjunction with internal and Board finance committees. Preliminary Budget due at end of February, Final Budget due end of September to the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
• Prepare materials for all Finance Committee Meetings.
• Serve as chair of internal and external Finance Committee Meetings.
• Maintain minutes for said meetings.
• Meet on a bi-monthly basis with the internal Finance Committee.
• Meet with Board Finance Committee on week prior to scheduled Board Executive Committee Meetings.
• Attend all scheduled Board meetings and delivers financial report.
• Attend all Business Manager meetings as determined by the ADSF.
• Prepare all schedules for yearly fiscal audit and is primary contact for the outside audit team.
• Reconcile all monthly bank statements.
• Reconcile Raiser’s Edge sub-ledger with General Ledgers on a monthly basis
• Distribute ADSF reconciled monthly reports to the President, Board Chair, and Board Finance Committee.
• Prepare and distributes actual to budget report monthly for all departments and the President. Includes review and consultation.
• Monitor cash flow and reviews with the President monthly.
• Review and sign off on General Ledger and Supporting Schedules regularly and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Maintain all financial records in accordance with ADSF Retention Policy.
• Review and sign off on all Purchase Orders for Payment.
• Review and sign off on all cash receipts prior to posting in the General Ledger.
• Oversee pledge and tuition accounts receivable.
• Oversee maintenance of tuition assistance files, notification letters, preparation of all reports for tuition assistance and financial assistance appeals.
• Oversee creation of Financial Assistance Import Log to ADSF by established June due date.
• Prepare all documentation necessary for re-registration of current students and registration of new students. Coordinate efforts as necessary with Director of Admissions and Director of International Admissions.
• Maintain records for all rentals by outside agencies.
• Maintain records for annual contracts with all outside vendors.
• Collect funds for all outside rentals.
• Maintain all insurance records including Workman’s Compensation.
• Assume all duties for Human Resources.
• Prepare annual evaluations for all direct reports.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the President.
The Business Manager reports directly to the President of ARHS. Senior Accountant, Tuition Manager, Accounting Clerk are direct reports to the Business Manager.
• CPA, MBA, or Business Degree preferred with experience in accounting
• Practicing Catholic supportive of Church teachings and principles
• Working knowledge of the relationship between the school and the Archdiocese
• High degree of professionalism and collaborative approach to school finance
• Strong Human Resources background along with supervision of operations
Salary will be based on experience.
Please submit all inquiries, questions, curriculum vitae, and cover letter to
President Andrew Currier, PhD