Thank you for your interest in Archbishop Riordan High School!
Class of 2023 applicants will be notified of admissions decisions on March 22, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year.
Click here to start your online application. Please call the Admissions Office at (415) 586-1256 for more information about the transfer process.
General Application Requirements
The following gives a general overview of what is required to apply to Archbishop Riordan High School.
- Online Application: All interested students must complete an online application, including the submission of one essay. The deadline to submit the application is Monday, December 3, 2018.
- Application Fee: This $100 non-refundable fee must be paid online as part of the online application.
- 7th and 8th Grade Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation: Archbishop Riordan will contact your school for this information after an application has been submitted.
- High School Placement Test (HSPT): To be considered for admission, prospective 8th grade students must take the HSPT. The HSPT will be offered at Archbishop Riordan on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
- Interviews: An interview is required of all students (please see below if you are also applying to the RSP program). The Teamwork and Leadership interviews are a way for prospective students to demonstrate skills in a collaborative and creative environment. This will give insight to the Admissions staff on how a student will react in a classroom setting completing a goal-oriented task with others. Students will be broken up into teams and given a time limit to complete these tasks. Students will then get a chance to describe their thought process of how they completed their project and what role they played in it.Upon completion, students can then ask the admissions staff and student ambassadors about the day to day life of a Riordan student. Meanwhile, parents will meet in the Mayer Lecture Hall (Room 222) and be able to ask questions with an Admissions representative. Please note you should schedule your interview only after completing your application. Schedule Interview
- RSP: For individuals applying for the RSP Program, additional documentation is required. Families must submit a recent (within three years) psycho-educational evaluation that shows a diagnosis of a mild to moderate learning disability, spectrum disorder, NVLD, ADD/ADHD or any OHI. An interview with the RSP staff is required for all applicants applying to this program. Note that those applying to the RSP do not need to complete the Teamwork and Leadership interview described above; prospective RSP students should do their interview with RSP staff. Schedule RSP Interview
Please contact the Admissions Office with questions, (415)586-1256.
Non-Discriminatory Policy as to Students
Archbishop Riordan High School, mindful of its mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits student of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or make available to students at this school. Archbishop Riordan High School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, gender or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.